A general note basketball positions
The position of the players in basketball is equally important as any other position in any game. It is because the player’s position is a very important factor in the game strategy in order to make a win. However, the directives for the game do not define specifically about player’s positions. The early years in the game witnessed the positions of only two guards and forwards along with a single center. However, currently the positions are meticulously defined and defined. There are contradictions to this specification as well.
Some popular positions include:
• Point guard: This position is usually occupied by the fastest player. This player makes sure that the ball is with the correct person at the perfect time.
• Shooting guard: The players of this position are responsible for the maximum shots volume. They also guard the best player from opponent’s perimeter on defense.
• Small forward: These players are responsible for scoring the points. They sometimes play more actively.
• Power forward: They are responsible for the defense and usually play below the basket to prevent scores by the opponents.
• Center: These players are the primary scorers on offense with the aid of their height and protect the baskets on defense.
The positions described above are quite flexible. The small forward and the shooting guards are often called the wings. The centers and power forwards are known as post players. Various coaches’ advocates for a game, which is position less, and the players can have the freedom of playing at their will using their skill without violating the rules.